The Area General Licensing Sub-Committee (Central and East) is made up of 8 Members of the Council and covers the former District Council areas of Durham City and Easington.
It is a Sub-Committee of the General Licensing and Registration Committee and its main functions within the area it is responsible for are to:-
1. To discharge the Council’s licensing, registration and regulatory functions in relation to
· hackney carriages and private hire vehicles
· market and street trading
· zoos and dangerous wild animals
2. Power to make an Order identifying a place as a designated public place for the purposes of police powers in relation to alcohol consumption.
3. To pass a resolution that Schedule 2 to the Noise and Statutory Nuisance Act 1993 should apply in the Council’s area.
Support officer: Paula Nicholson. 0191 3727655