The General Licensing Committee is made up of 27 Members of the Council.
The functions of the Committee are as follows:-
To review and make recommendations to the Council where appropriate on policies in relation to the licensing and registration functions set out below:-
· Hackney carriages and private hire vehicles
· Sex shops and sex cinemas
· Market and street trading
· Zoos and dangerous wild animals
· Power to make an order identifying a place as a designated public place for the purposes of police powers in relation to alcohol consumption
· The passing of a resolution that Schedule 2 to the Noise and Statutory Nuisance Act 1993 should apply in the Council’s area.
Support officer: Lucy Gladders. 03000 269712