The Highways Committee consists of 21 Members of the Council and is responsible for the following matters, except where the matter is delegated to an officer:
· Functions relating to public rights of way as set out in Part 1 of Section I of Schedule 1 to the 2000 Regulations in cases where objections have been made and not withdrawn;
· Providing guidance to the Corporate Director of Regeneration and Local Services as appropriate, in relation to the exercise of delegated functions under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and sections 4, 5, 6 and 7 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1953 where objections or representations are made and not withdrawn;
· Any other non-executive functions specified in the 2000 Regulations relating to highways or public rights of way which require a statutory notice or consultation and where objections have been made and not withdrawn;
· To discharge the Council’s licensing, registration and regulatory functions in relation to common land and town and village greens; and
· Providing guidance to the Corporate Director, Regeneration and Local Services as appropriate, in relation to the exercise of delegated functions to determine proposals to appropriate or dispose of open space or public walks and pleasure grounds as set out in Section 10 of the Open Spaces Act 1906 and Section 164 of the Public Health Act 1875, if there are any unresolved objections to the proposals.
Support officer: Kirsty Charlton. 03000 269705